2/21/2006

It's a Blog Eat Blog World

On my first ever blog posting, I lamented the fact that I was late to the blogging game and I jokingly added that probably everyone in the world had a blog. After exploring the blog universe for a few weeks, I firmly believe that this is true.

By using the "Next Blog" button, I've been able to see a variety of blogs. There are the truly funny: like The Company Bitch and Mom-101 that are interesting and well-written. I have been an avid reader of The Company Bitch for several weeks, ever since my friend Tom referenced it in his blog. Mom-101 was a recent find by my intrepid assistant. I was going to refer to her as Lazy Assistant but she has taken offense at that so I have to come up with something else.

There are those blogs helmed by bored housewives who use the stream of consciousness approach to writing. They usually include pointless recitations of conversations and events in excruciating detail like My Life As I Live It. If it wasn't all that exciting when it actually happened, chances are good that a written narrative of the event won't be either.

Crazy about Scrapbooking? Head on over to Just Me!

Jonesing for some bad art institute student poety, read The Forgotten Land.

There is one blog where these family members write letters to their dead mother. It's horribly creepy and sad at the same time. Out of respect, I'm not going to link to it. Just so we're clear, railing on bored housewives and obsessive scrapbookers is okay. Exploiting someone's grieving process isn't (although they are putting it out there, right? Does that make it fair game?)

There is Chief-Ten-Bear who loves bears more than they will ever know. She also makes these dysmorphic looking bear carvings and offers them for sale. All is not lost as sprinkled throughout the blog are fabulous little humor gifts. First, the space underneath the title has these changing quotations of conversations overheard including "This place looks so different when you're not drunk" and "Boy, you better be sharin' them Skittles with yo mama, otherwise you ain't never gonna taste the rainbow again." After Tiffany & Co presents, she proclaims alcohol to be a close second for a Valentine's Day present. Finally, the brightest ray of sunshine amidst this panda-monium is her photo caption that involves Bai Ling's mother. Absolutely brilliant!

One blog that I'm sure to keep checking out is an on-line food journal/weight loss blog. At Losing the Mama Weight, a new mother is going to lose the baby weight. How she intends to do that when her meals consist of things like popcorn chicken, broccoli cheese pasta, double cheeseburger with fries, three flautas, and the ever healthy Marshmallow Peeps is beyond me. This could be fun to watch.

Finally, there is a blog devoted to pictures of the Fupa at Fupa Hunter. I ashamedly admit that I did a blog search for camel toe. If someone can devote a webpage to the Fupa, there must be a similar one devoted to the Camel Toe. If there is, I couldn't find it. So if anyone has some free time, a computer and a digital camera, have I got a job for you.

I imagine there is someone out there making fun of my blog. Do I care though? Not at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Happy Chicken said...

Thank you for your gracious and uplifting post, rawhide.

I have decided that rather than spending the time and energy in generating my own scrapbook pages, I will simply ask to view others' scrapboks and then rip pages out and pass them off as my own.

Of course, now I have to come up with a good story about how I came to have twin Chinese daughters. I won a raffle?

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home