4/09/2006

Can't I Just Buy the CD?

I was in Borders today to buy the new Morrissey CD. As I approached the counter I was asked:

1) Did you find everything alright? Yes.

2) Would you like to sign up for our on-line newsletter? No.

3) Would you like to join our Readers reward Club? No.

4) It's free. No.

5) Can I get your home phone number? No.

What the hell? Is this 20 questions? What happened to plopping down your merchandise before a sullen disaffected employee who would ring it up and let you leave in peace? Yes, I would love to save 15% on today's purchase but no, I do not want your 30% interest store credit card. Jesus, if you want to steal my identity, just dig throught my garbage like other identity thieves. Maybe I should just hand over a urine sample at the beginning of each transaction and tell them that all the answers to their questions are in there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom101 said...

YES about borders. What's with that? The sales guy had that frequent blahbedeblah club card in my hand before I knew what hit me. (Oh and new Morrissey CD? Awesome.)

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home