3/16/2006

A Wedding I'd Love to Go To

Apparently this summer, my Not Lazy Assistant is standing in as the maid of honor in her brother's wedding. She's spent about thirty minutes so far this morning telling all the crazy details of the events leading up to the wedding. We laughed so hard I thought I was going to go into convulsions. All I can say is that I hope she's kidding - can these people and their planned nuptials be for real? After NLA got done talking about this, I was convinced she was making it all up. It sounds like the wedding that would have been planned by Roger and Virginia in Like Normal People. God, I loved that movie. Hearing Virginia proclaim, "I Love you WahJah!" always brought a smile to my face.

NLA gave me a few seminal background facts about the Bride and Groom which I think put everything in context. First, one of B and G's favorite meals is Velveeta Shells n' Cheese. In fact, they eat it several times a week. As far as decorating goes, B plans to paint the entire house, inside and out, in various shades of purple and pink. On the romance department, when G would mow the family lawn, he would push the mower with one hand while holding B's hand with the other. B would then walk back and forth across the lawn with G and read a book at the same time. I can't really picture how completely idiotic that sounds.

NLA is not the original choice as maid of honor though. She's merely a stand-in as it appears the original maid of honor (OMH) stopped talking to B after B refused to order OMH a size 8 dress for her size 14 frame. B has offered to pay for NLA's dress though, as B plans to make it part of her wardrobe after the wedding. As you may have guessed, B loves the color purple, so the purple bridesmaid's dress will be a welcome addition. The dress is not only purple, but it is printed with white polka dots. Once she gets the dress, I promise to post a picture.

B's idea for a bachelorette party consists of going to a baseball game and then getting a hotel room so that they can go swimming in the hotel pool. That's about the gist of it. Doesn't that sounds like a fantastic way to spend your last few days of singlehood? It sounds more like a thirteen year old's birthday party to me. NLA suggested dinner so B decided on Grandma's, a glorified TGIFs. I'm not sure if Grandma's is in addition to the baseball game and swimming as that might be too much excitement for this group.

Then, there is the tie-dying component to the party. It seems that B wants all the bridesmaids to wear jeans and tie-dyed t-shirts to the rehearsal dinner. This sure is shaping up to be a classy event. I wonder if she's having the food dyed purple to match the theme?

There will be a final gathering in which the bridesmaids will help make guests' gifts for the table. B has settled on hand-painted matchbox cars for each guest. Is there a more perfect way to say thank you for sharing our day than with a child's toy? Apparently, the bridesmaids will paint the cars with B and G's names and date. How they plan to fit all of that on a matchbox Hot Wheels car is beyond me. Just imagine if they served Velveeta shells n' cheese at the reception. It's a distinct possibility.

Once I get some pictures, I'll be sure to post them. It promises to be a spectacular affair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home