4/23/2006

I Probably Shouldn't Have Said That ...

I'm driving through lovely Minneapolis on a gorgeous day today and, of course, was thoroughly annoyed with just about everyone else on the road, whether on foot, bike, or car. As I swore voraciously at the stupid woman ahead of me who decided to pull into the intersection and then, and only then, decided to turn on her left signal, I remembered one of my not so brilliant, or possibly deviously brilliant, driving tirades.

Last year, I'm driving, with windows down, through this little neighborhood full of chic shops and women who went to Vassar for Art History but Married Well and love Volvos and BMWs. They have this crosswalk to which drivers are supposed to yield to pedestrians. Since there was no one who looked like they were about to cross, I drove through, albeit at about 5 miles an hour. This little 6 year old Rhoda from The Bad Seed yells snottily as I drive through, "You're supposed to stop for walkers."

This prompts the gut reaction out the window of "Fuck you, little girl." A year later, I'm still not sure if this is something I should tell as a funny story or be very very ashamed of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home