11/08/2008

Really? Really!

In the last 24 hours, I've seen 4 films on my 501 list. I watched "Ride in the Whirlwind," "The Tall T," The Last of the Mohicans," and "12 Angry Men." 3 Westerns and a Drama!

The Tall T was without a doubt, so full of homo subtext - it was so evident. It was crazy! "Maybe I'll just take you from behind," or "He's the best ramrod I've ever had." Rich, I tell you people. Plus, the whole single yet never-met-the-right-woman tableau.

"Ride in the Whirlwind" was odd, it was my first Western film on this journey. I began watching it with a very blase attitude, you know, because I had to watch it. But, it's a charming film. People caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think it's telling about what we'll do to save ourselves and our personal humanity. We're not criminals, but sometimes we're forced to act like ones.

I loved the thoughtfulness of "12 Angry Men." Our prejudices and pre-concieved thoughts color everything we do. This was Sidney Lumet's first film. A few years ago I saw "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead." It was wonderful to see that his filmmaking remained as brilliant and captivating as "12 Angry Men."

"Mohicans," I remain . . . blah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home