11/07/2008

The New Manifestation of my Nascent OCD

So, it's now President-elect Obama. How great is that? I hope Michelle starts wearing better things than that weird red/black Narciso Rodriguez dress. I applaud her thrifty H&M dress and other frugal outfits, but, um, Stacy and Clinton could read her some rules about dressing her body type.

I was at Costco last weekend. Not that I support really bad labor conditions, but that shit is just so cheap. Anyway, I make my way past the book table . . . and I spy, "The 501 Movies You Must See." As any obsessive-complusive person would do, I picked that shit up and took it to task. I got home and then typed the entire list into a word document and began crossing them off. The movies are divided into 10 categories, each with 50 movies from the dawn of time until about 2002.

I scored a 154 out of the 501. I was horrified that I never saw things like "Goodfellas," "Fame," or "Braveheart."

My best categories were Horror and Drama. I had two for War - if M*A*S*H and Good Morning, Vietnam count as war pics, apparently they do. A big doughnut for Westerns. Zero for 51. I gotta get on that.

This weekend's goal is to see two Westerns on the list and maybe a War one. There must be a reason that I haven't seen these. Help me Carrie Fisher, you're my only hope . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home